Torque-normalization

boe

Hello Electric Boost Nation. My application: LS7 in a Lund Tyee 1950 fishing/fun boat. I'm looking for better hole shot (more torque down low) and to top out above 70mph for bragging rights (more toque at lower VE up high) while not raising torque above my peak which so far has not destroyed my Merc Alpha I/O. Hole shot is decent and I've hit 67MPH with the current set-up cycling through various props so I really can't complain given the drastic improvement over the original Merc 5.0. Good news is that I can program the Holley HP EFI to output a PWM to an electric blower ESC that is throttle position and engine RPM dependent. Journey documented on walleye central boards fast tyee 1950? Advice welcome.

Boost by RPM is a great idea! I thought doing it in the past but decided to not. We are limited in the power we can make with the electric supercharger. Something like the p2 set-up of alex should be what you need but is it the power you want? You decide!
If you want more power at low rpm you can add a bypass valve so when you are at higher RPM the air comming in the motor will not pass trough the supercharger